domingo, 16 de junio de 2013

A little poem on Insomnia :)

Ten pm I'll try and sleep
Why not try by counting sheep?
Why do I think this will ever work
All left now is to lay and weep

Eleven o'clock and so it seems
I still haven't entered the land of dreams
I'll close my eyes, I'll get there soon
It's truly a place I can forget my gloom.

Midnight arrives, I am still awake
I dont know how much more I can take
Please let me sleep, I long to dream
Escape the piercing moonlight gleam.

One pm such a silent night
All I can do is lay here and fight
Fight with the demon that keeps me from rest
A demon that keeps ignoring my soul protest:
"Let me sleep, oh let me sleep, 
I'm falling into a hole so deep, 
A hole that's almost impossible to escape,
A hole that constantly keeps me awake".

Two in the morning not a soul in sight
As I look through my window into the summer night
I open the window to breathe in the air
Instantly blinded by the moon and its glare.

It's three o'clock there's no chance at all
That into Morpheus arms I'll fall
He's left me here in agony and pain
And awake of course I still remain.

An hour gone by, now the clock strike four
I cannot take this anymore
Please tell me know, how long can I go on like this?
Only one little dream would be heavenly bliss.

Five am tears fill my eyes
To be like this I so despise
They sting so much they cannot rise
All I have left is to lay and cry

I want to cry I need to weep
Oh how I long to fall asleep
Six am no point in trying
No tears left from all the crying.

Alas another sleepless night
Fighting to sleep with all my might
No dreams, no rest, no morning rise
A tourture session in disguise


L. Woodland

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario