viernes, 19 de abril de 2013

Uni troubles...

Ugh... Not a good day. Not a good week. Well actually the whole semester has gone totally haywire. But let's face it, I've bitten off way too much of what I can chew. And the fact that I'm at that horrible stage of not knowing what to do with myself is definitely not helping.
I finally answered  a phone call today I'd been dodging for ages. Not for any particular reason, just basically because I always received the phonecalls in the morning when I was in class. Though the truth is I havent been going to class the past couple of weeks, I'm just finding it overwhelming, all the deadlines, the sudden panic that I barely have a month left for finals... Anyway, back to the phonecall, I answered it and it was the department of the university that supports people with disabilites...
I'd totally forgotten I had pointed out I had Dyspraxia when I was filling in the course registration papers at the beggining the year, so I was suprised to hear from them at first. A really sympathetic lady asked me about it, and how it affected me, and my studies... Well, lets face it, she wanted to know what Dyspraxia was. She was so nice though...
Then she mentioned if the degree at which it affected me was more than 30%. I felt totally clueless at that stage, so I just rushedly answered that it didnt. Then she said if that were the case, I dont have to pay the entry fee each year for the University. She also said how I could come into the offices if I ever needed to talk to anyone about whatever problem I was having, which really conforted me, and I honestly almost cried...
Anyway, as I was talking to Mum on the phone that afternoon (yes, I did spend quite some time on the phone that day...) I causally brought the subject up by asking her if she knew the exact percentage, followed by a "¿its not over 30 is it? to which she answered that it most definitely was...
That was when I kind of panicked, which I know was wrong. My parents had been supporting my college education for three years now, and this year especially I had really hoped to contribute. I just feel guilty about being 20 and still living off my parents. I know that it's perfectly normal, what with there being no jobs at all, but thats just how I feel.
Thankfully Mum just laughed and said that we should definitely point it out next year when I register for 4th year.
But this is definitely a step forward. For the first time I feel that I can go somewhere when this is all getting me down. I talk to my mother a lot, and that really helps, though I feel theres some things I just can't tell her, like the fact that I've been missing so many classes because, a) theres a class I still havent found and b) I never have the courage to talk to my classmates, so I feel really lonely. Anyway, if my mother finds out, I am dead meat. She always says that If I try my hardest, then that's more than enough. And trying my hardest does not include what I've been doing the past couple of weeks.
I really dont know what on earth to do about my finals.... Just thinking about them makes my stomach churn.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario